Thursday, May 22, 2014


Spring Treats


Lavender + Honey Gin Fizz

Gin is my favorite. Adding unique flavors makes gin even more lovely and refreshing to drink. I make this by first mixing up a lavender and honey simple syrup (I could have just sipped on that all day). After the lavender had sat in the honey + hot water mixture for about an hour I strained the sweet concoction and added about 2 table spoons to my glass with 2 oz of gin, lots of ice, tonic water, and a squeeze of lemon. Yum. 


Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon

This was my first time making shortcake and boy was it well received! The biscuits were made following a simple recipe I found. They turned out crispy on the outside, flakey on the inside and all together so delicious. I cut up strawberries, sprinkled them with sugar and added lemon juice/zest to the mix and let chill till serving. I served these at the end with homemade whipped cream, I will be making these again very soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment